I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Monday, April 30, 2012

5 Stars The Maid of Fairbourne Hall

The Maid of Fairbourne HallThe Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is such a new and good twist on a story that has to some extent been told before. Rich girl, wicked step parent, has to run away and hide in a disguise...
But Julie does a great job of making this story over again in an exciting way. I really enjoyed the way the heroine was willing to work so hard with such a good attitude and sweet spirit.
The "good guy" main character, reminded me of my husband whom I had met in high school but we didn't marry until 13 years later. It took some years and hardships for him to grow up and get some wisdom and understanding about him.
I like that her characters aren't perfect, that they still have to grow and learn.
I received this book from The Book Club Network Inc so I could read it and review it on the condition I give my honest opinion of the book in my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment