I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Before the Scarlet Dawn

Before the Scarlet DawnBefore the Scarlet Dawn by Rita Gerlach
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I find myself going back and forth between 3 and 5 stars for this book. In a lot of ways the writing was very simple and so sad, anyone who could die, did! Unless they could keep making the main character's life pure misery!
And the end left me with an VERY unfinished story, in so very many ways....These were the 3 star reasons.

BUT, there were a couple of things that were so amazing that they lifted this story to a 5 star for me! Surprisingly it is almost the exact same reasons...the people that we think this life would be so much easier without, God leaves to teach us, strengthen us, mold and humble us. And second, while the unfinished ending frustrated me to no end, it is just like real life...we never get a nice finished happy Cinderella ending in our life. Not till we get to Heaven and God shows us the finished picture of our life and what he has in store for us.
So while I wanted to know more...God used Rita instead to TEACH me more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment