I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Book Club Network Inc

An Amish Family ReunionAn Amish Family Reunion by Mary Ellis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was the first time I think I have ever read a book by Mary Ellis. I really enjoyed the book. There was a lot crammed in one book. There were a lot of people to get to know, interlocking relationships to connect. And it necessarily covered a lot of territory (New York, Wisconsin, and their home state). But I still found it to be a good book with a lot of information and details. I find that I want to read more about this family and that I want to read more books written by Mary Ellis.
To me the sign of an excellent book is when I find myself fanning the last few pages of the book through my fingers while I'm reading, thinking that there really isn't enough "book" left to write enough to tell me all I want to know about everyone! When the book ends and hours and even a day or two later I find myself thinking about the characters, wondering about decisions they were making and how things turned out...that is a good book. "An Amish Family Reunion" is one of those books. It left me wanting so much more without feeling like a setup for a sequel.

View all my reviews I won this book from ~ The Book Club Network Inc

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much, Audrey, for such a lovely review!! I'm always a little nervous when anyone picks up "Reunion" without reading the first 3 in the series. (technically, Reunion is book 4 of the Miller Family series, but I tried by best for it to "stand-alone" since so much time has elasped since the first three in the series. I am soooo glad so enjoyed it. Many blessings on you during this Easter season.

    ReplyDelete