I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Finding Our Way Home

Finding Our Way Home: A NovelFinding Our Way Home: A Novel by Charlene Ann Baumbich
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a very different book than any I have ever read. Which is a good thing, because you don't want to read the same thing or it's like eating leftover chili all week. It's good, real good, but you get tired of it.
Well, the was NOT left over anything! This was a whole new kettle of fish!
This book talks about "Grace". And mentions God a few times. The caregiver, 2nd main character, "prays" a lot by just saying "Grace! Amen" There is no talk of salvation, or Church and the closest it comes to talking about sin is the temptation that the caregiver is going through when she is with her fiance' and he wants to push the relationship past kissing and she wants to wait but her body feels like it is betraying her with it's feelings.
I felt like there was a fine line walked between trying to make Christians happy and making people who believe in fantasy happy, because you have all of the above going on and then you have the strange snow globe that is her good luck charm/fortune teller that her Mom gave her when she was little after a stranger told them a "Prediction" about her being a famous dancer one day.
This really isn't my kind of book. But I loved Evelyn to death!! What a wonderful character!! She came alive on the page! And I adored her grandfather! I felt every pain Sasha felt because I have been crippled up in bed and a chair for over 3 years now! And her husband was a real man with feelings that he wasn't ashamed of expressing, just like my own husband. Although there is no way my husband would allow me to run away! He would find me and treasure me. But that is our story....
I'm just saying that the characters are very real and THAT make me love this story.

Charlene@charleneannbaumbich.com

This book was gifted to me by Blogging for Books @ WaterBrookMultnomah.com for the purpose of my honest opinion and review, be it good or bad. I have not been paid for this review in any way except for the book being sent to me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment