I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Horsey Alphabet

A is for Apple: A Horsey AlphabetA is for Apple: A Horsey Alphabet by Ellen C. Maze & Elizabeth E. Little
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a very cute children's book with the alphabet, Horses, rhymes, and very good art work. Some children will fall in love with this book and it will be a favorite. Some kids depending on their sense of humor, who know horses and have grown up with them will either find it delightfully funny or will think it is ridiculous that there is no way Horses can do those things!
I know this, because, 1 I have worked with children in School and Day Care for over 20 years, 2. I have three children of my own and got a different response from each of the two youngest. 3. My brother has been a cowboy in the truest sense of the word for the last 20 years and has 7 children. They had the same mixed reaction that my kids had and they practically live on horses every day!
So I gave it three stars, I did and didn't love it. I loved everything except the horses trying to make the letters. And half the kids tested loved it, half thought it was just too silly.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. nice to be here cabinfeverreading.blogspot.com blogger discovered your site via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://xrumerservice.org they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer best backlinks service Take care. Jason

    ReplyDelete