I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Monday, April 16, 2012

Song of Solomon

Love's Sacred SongLove's Sacred Song by Mesu Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love reading Biblical Fiction! It is fast becoming one of my favorite genre's, if it is done right. And Mesu Andrews knows how to do it right!! She starts with Gods word (KJV) and after reading and reading and studying it. Then she researches history until she gets times and places and people in the right place and order. Then after all of that labor of love to make sure she is a true to the Bible and fact as she can be. She fills in her wonderful imagination to round out the story for us to make it come even more alive!
I have always been half afraid of the book of Song of Solomon. I wanted to understand it and know it. I know it is a book of love and as a wife I have longed to draw wisdom from it but have always been afraid to try to "rightly divide" it because it is so confusing to me. But the way Mesu has written this book has explained so very much!
I love the way she starts each chapter with actual verses from Song of Solomon and then through the chapter makes them come alive! Explaining them without being at all technical. So beautifully written!
I have to admit the ending was such a shocker for me!! I was so not ready for the last chapter! I kept trying to figure out when and where the other hundreds of wives and concubines and the book of Ecclesiastes would come in but I never would have figured it that way!
Mesu has rocketed right into my favorite Authors list and is there to stay!!
I read this as an e-book but it is on my "to own" list!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment