I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Sound Among The Trees

A Sound Among the TreesA Sound Among the Trees by Susan Meissner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Interesting writing. I enjoyed the book as a whole. I most enjoyed the parts from the past, they were well written and drew me into the story and I wanted it to go on and tell me more about their lives! The current part was a little bit too repetitive especially with the ghosts and the pictures on the wall. The kids should have been more involved, they felt like an add on, an afterthought to tie it together instead of a real part of the story. They were gone a LOT for little kids with the loss of a Mother and a new Step-mom.
I don't usually read ghost stories and didn't know this was one or wouldn't have bothered to even start it. In my personal opinion this whole book could have been written better without the ghost line. To me that just made it corny instead of believable.
I would like to see this author try writing a past and present book without the ghost. I bet it would be a 5 star book!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this book review. It sounds interesting. Hope you have a great week! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment on my blog! I am a very new book blog. I only started Cabin Fever Reading last month. I have been posting reviews on Goodreads for almost 2 years now.
    If you don't mind my asking. How did you find my blog and what do you think of it? Are you a professional blogger? As you can tell I am still lacking in confidence as far as my blog goes but I know books and what I like. Again, thank you for your response! Audrey
    aujus1969@yahoo.com
    Cabin Fever Reading

    ReplyDelete