I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Monday, April 2, 2012

Tender Warrior

Tender Warrior: Every Man's Purpose, Every Woman's Dream, Every Child's HopeTender Warrior: Every Man's Purpose, Every Woman's Dream, Every Child's Hope by Stu Weber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is written so well. It is written by a man to men. But as a wife and mother, when I read it, I was amazed at how insightful this book is! Stu Weber is right on target when he describes how a man needs to be strong while remaining loving toward his family! A leader and protector and yet a heart of gold! Understanding and there for his family without being a push-over!
My husband, brother and brother-in-laws all now own a copy! This book is a must for every Christian man in my personal opinion.

This book was HIGHLY recommended to my husband who is severely dyslexic. So he had me read it to him a chapter or section at a time. Wonderful book for men! (His words not mine) It was recommended to him by both a preacher and a missionary. He says every man should read it Married or not. But especially if you are married/ and have kids. My husband gave it the 5 star rating.
For James

My take...In the beginning of the book he recommends that women not read it and I can understand why. It would be very easy if it were your personality, to watch for the changes in your husband after reading this book and try to remind or encourage him instead of just letting God do His work in your husband's life. But since I have been practicing this "mouth shut and let God lead" policy anyway in our marriage. It seems to be ok for us. If you are at all a pushy personality. Be careful. Sometimes God's miracles aren't over night. Sometimes they take time to grow and mature.
Audrey

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment