I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

4 Stars for "A Man of Christ"

J. Hudson Taylor: A Man in ChristJ. Hudson Taylor: A Man in Christ by Roger Steer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hudson Taylor has long been one of the missionaries that I most look up to. He was a man that having a weak body, had a strong faith in God, love for lost souls and a heart for China! He truly poured his life out on the mission field of China.
Burying his first wife and four of his children there and many years later he himself died at 73 years of age. 39 years after he first stepped foot on China's shore and was himself buried there.
One of the most amazing things about Hudson Taylor, after his faith and trust in God, was the way he continued through sickness, danger, heartache and opposition to beg God for, search and ask for, trust and constantly receive, more and more workers to help reach China! He had a heart to reach ALL of China and knew it was far too big for one man so he spent his whole life as a missionary doing two jobs. Reaching Chinese for Christ and reaching Christians for China!
This book sometimes reads slow like a history book, because there is so much detail and information with dates and world history and sooo many people involved in his life and ministry. But it is so worth it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment