I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

5 Stars for Pearl in the Sand

Pearl in the Sand: A NovelPearl in the Sand: A Novel by Tessa Afshar
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I so very much enjoyed this book! I love reading the books that make the Bible come alive in a whole new way! Stories that I have loved and that have fascinated me since my childhood. To have them researched and placed in time and history with details that make them jump off the page and come alive in my mind's eye is a true delight for me!
Tessa knows how to do this in a way that stays as true to God's Word as possible while still making it an entrancing and captivating read! You can almost feel the hot desert sand and wind and smell the rose water and taste the spices and sweet cakes.
I love the research and descriptions into the medical techniques they used and why.
And the way she made the emotions and feelings of Rahab so poignantly real. She was in her head and heart! It was as if she KNEW what it was like to live with that kind of shame and confusion and the strain it puts on even a Godly marriage when both are trying to do right and protect the other and in so doing are hurting each other more!
I highly recommend this book, wholeheartedly, 100% to every woman! This will be a part of my Home library ASAP!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment