I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5 Stars for "Where Lilacs Still Bloom"

Where Lilacs Still Bloom: A NovelWhere Lilacs Still Bloom: A Novel by Jane Kirkpatrick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a wonderful read of a woman with determination, brilliant mind, a love of God's creation with a scientists curiosity that drove her to explore and experiment for years with nothing more than an 8th grade education, what her dad had taught her and what she learned from trial and error and years later from reading.
What makes this book so good is the fact that it is a true story. That this family really lived these struggles for all these years. I find it sad that it took so very long into their marriage for her to realize how very much her husband understood and loved her and her drive and heart. I think she missed out on a LOT by hiding so much of herself from him for so long. (Or rather, thinking she was).
I am very thankful that I was sent this book by Blogging for Books for my review. Because otherwise I might never have read it and I would have missed out on a real treasure! I have lived in Lynnwood, WA. and have family that lives in Woodinville, WA. It was great to read history about that area! I am going to recommend they read this book ASAP!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment