I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Crossing gets 4 Stars for PTSD

The CrossingThe Crossing by Serita Ann Jakes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was a doozie. It is not easy to live either as a Preacher's daughter nor with PTSD, whatever the cause may be. And when you put them together it can be a frightening and painful time.
As my friend would say, been there, rode the ride, got the tee shirt! BUT... Isn't there always a but in real life vs. fiction?
Just because life throws you scary curves and sometimes you don't know what your next move is or the next step to take, does not mean you leave your husband, daughter and morals behind while you go do what you want. Then when you want it all back just snap your fingers and no consequences.... Boom everything is wonderful!! In fact, let's reward you with the thing you have been wanting most!
A good author with wonderful writing abilities but I don't agree with the main character.
This book was sent to me by Blogging for Books for the express purposes of my reviewing it. These statements are my only my own opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment