I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Monday, May 21, 2012

Enjoyable Read ~ 4 Stars

Skip Rock ShallowsSkip Rock Shallows by Jan Watson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a good book if a bit predictable. I enjoyed the faith and trust in God, with which the main Character walked each day, waiting for God to show her what she should do.
And yet she wasn't perfect and sometimes would realize she was having a bad day because she hadn't had her quiet time with God that day.
I did find it a bit odd that she didn't recognize the boy who grew up next door to her and saved her life. That would have made a huge impression and even years later I think she would have recognized him a lot sooner, especially as much as the area made her think about the incident.
It also seemed that for a Dr. who was trying to prove herself to the people she spent an awful lot of time going home to rest and off by herself while others watched her patients. Ned spent more time with her patients than she did, by a long shot, and back then..it was pretty unheard of to have a male nurse, even more so than a female Dr. and for him to keep sending her home to sleep while he was still 1/2 a patient himself seemed selfish. That part just didn't ring true.
Other than that I loved the book and can't wait to read the next book by Jan Watson! Great Writing! I really enjoyed reading it!
This book was sent to me by Tyndale Media Center for the purpose of giving my honest and personal opinion and review. All statements are mine and mine alone.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment