I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Shame Has Been Interrupted!

Shame Interrupted: How God Lifts the Pain of Worthlessness and Rejection Shame Interrupted: How God Lifts the Pain of Worthlessness and Rejection by Edward T. Welch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is hard to describe...It was, and is, the book I needed. I have lived with shame of many kinds that this book talks about for many years. Some since I was a young girl, some through my entire adult life.
The wonderful thing this book helped me with, (and will continue to do so, because for me this will be an ongoing process and I am going to have to read it over and over)is understanding that I have been living with two kinds of shame. Shame from what others have done and Shame at myself for not being able to stop it. So I was double whammy with the shame, for each event. I was taking their guilt and turning it into my shame and then my own shame at what had happened or been done, and compounding the problem!
I know that sounds confusing. But for me it makes a LOT of sense and it helped so very much! I know I still have a long way to go, but I am so very thankful that The B&B Media Group,Inc. sent me this book to read and review! It has made a huge impact on my life!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment