I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shridula ~ 3 Stars

The Hope of Shridula: Blessings in India Book #2The Hope of Shridula: Blessings in India Book #2 by Kay Marshall Strom
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book helped me understand more about what has been going on in India in the politics and fighting and all the news, history and everything else combined. Kay has a way of putting her characters into the opposing sides while right under the same roof so that they discuss and argue it and help you see all the sides of it!
And all the while the main character is the lowest "caste" of them all not seen or heard, watching and listening and learning it all. Being and becoming smarter than them all!
The very abrupt ending drove me crazy!! It left everyone in the whole book hanging in limbo. No one finished anything...there was no answers or closer at all. And from what I read in the preview of the next book it isn't going to answer them because it starts years and years later!
I found myself frustrated at spending my time reading a story I now am left wondering what happened. This book was supplied through the Abington Press website for me to review and give my honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment