I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Friday, June 1, 2012

Exposed: Too Much Exposure ~ 2 Stars

Exposed: Inexcusable Me...Irreplaceable HimExposed: Inexcusable Me...Irreplaceable Him by Shannon M. Deitz
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is a tough book to review for me. There were things I did and didn't like about it. This book could be very dangerous in the wrong hands. I have had some study about the spirit world. And I have had some issues while growing up as a teen and young adult that left deep scars mentally and emotionally that I have (and am still)spent years dealing with.
BUT...there was a lot of confusion to me in the book on when, where and if there ever came a point that the author came to the realization that SHE was a SINNER. That without the saving blood of Jesus Christ and him alone she would die and go to hell? Did she reach that point, ask God to forgive her of her sins and save her soul?
There was so much discussion of religion and her confusion that I was confused! It seemed like sometimes she was led by the good and sometimes the bad, sometimes she made decisions based on prayer and sometimes almost fear. (She would have something scary or creepy happen to her and then when the same person who had frightened her gave her advice or a "message" she would take it as from God and do it! "Like the guy at the first convention who admitted that he could have and wanted to hurt her but told her to write and tell her story...." She walked off with a stranger that she felt odd about and then even when she knew and he admitted that there was something wrong, she took it as a sign from God.
God is not the Author of Fear. And God does not use wicked and evil to give His message and His word to His servants.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment