I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Friday, June 15, 2012

High Regard gets 5 Stars!

A Lady of High Regard (Ladies of Liberty, #1)A Lady of High Regard by Tracie Peterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I would say the main character in an odd mixed up way is an early version of a Christian Feminist, if there can be such a thing! LOL
She is a very independent young woman, but she has the mistaken idea that she is the only one who can understand and fix the problems that she sees around her. She doesn't trust any of the men that she loves (her Dad and life long best friend) to help her and do the honorable and right things.
She is so worried that they will take away her freedom that she continually puts herself in danger just to prove she is able to handle things herself.
Tracie is one of my favorite authors and I love the way she puts her stories together, bringing out parts and pieces of history that we might have known about the era and some of what happened (big news) but she finds, local to the area that she is writing about, details and brings it alive and closer to home. She makes her stories one on one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment