I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

4 Stars for Stardust!!

StardustStardust by Carla Stewart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was from an era that I love reading about but don't often find books written during. I love the "Ozzie & Harriett" time when Ladies dressed like ladies and men acted like Gentlemen! Where families were real and spent time together. Had picnics and played ball, went for walks, Sunday drives and Drive in Movies!
This book is from that time...but tells one of the sides of that time that was a hidden and "taboo" part of that time. I don't want to give away the story but Carla does a wonderful job of writing about a part of the period that was very real and sad. Yet very resilient! I love her characters!! She does such a wonderful job of making everyone come to life and come right off the page! I just wanted to meet Luli and could almost reach out and touch each of the children!
A wonderful book about not perfect people who learn to live with each other and what God has given them!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment