I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Sunday, July 29, 2012

GUEST REVIEWER!!


   I would like to introduce everyone to one of my sisters! Mrs. Sandra Lassiter is a Pastor's Wife from Blackhawk, South Dakota where she is a stay at home wife & mother of four beautiful girls. She home schools the oldest three and like me (our whole family in fact)is a bookaholic! 
  Sandra is the one who first introduced me to Dee Henderson's books about 8 years ago. We had just moved from Alaska to KY/TN for two years and when we first got there Sandra had the complete O'Malley series and after having been in a van with my Husband a 7yr old, 3yr old and a 2 yr old for 10 days straight, I was ready for some down time and a mental break. I read pretty much non-stop through the series and fell in love!! 
  So last week when I signed up for an ARC (Advanced Reader's Copy)of Dee's new book coming out in October, I instantly contacted Sandra and she signed up for one also. She got her copy yesterday!!! I am in Alaska and haven't gotten mine yet. :( Since she is the one who introduced me to Dee's books to begin with I thought it fitting that she be my Guest Reviewer and give you all a preview glimpse of what she thought of Dee's new book! So here is her review, enjoy...


I am a die-hard Dee Henderson fan, so I was dying to read this book ever since I got the first letter months ago saying she was publishing a new book this Fall. I was lucky enough to be given an Advanced Reader Copy. I received it in the mail yesterday and finished it late last night.  Yep, I couldn't put it down!  First of all, I loved the book."Midwest Homicide Investigator Ann Silver seemingly appears out of nowhere and drops the best lead on a serial murder case that Special Agent Paul Falcon has had in years. But she leaves him with more than just good evidence--he also has a strong desire to get to know this clever cop better. Is he prepared for both the case's and her secrets?"
It will be hard to write this review and not include spoilers.  If I included spoilers, my sister (the author of this blog) would kill me!! Click Me!  The book is well written with more than one twist. I'll admit that one of them was kind of an obvious no-brainer. Some of the others caught me off guard and I love that. However, there were a couple of things that dropped it down to a 4 star book instead of 5.  Unfortunately, I can't really go into the reasons without spoilers.  There was one little strand of the story line that didn't work well for me, but is more of a personal preference.  The other one is pretty big.  The way the female lead's character is described throughout the book, to me really doesn't fit something towards the end.  In fact, that part really turned me off her.  To me what she said/did was beyond ridiculous and made me somewhat dislike her character.  [If you want to read my full review on GoodReads, I go into much more detail.  You might want to wait until you've read the book, though.]
All that being said, the book had a great story line and was well written. I couldn't put it down! I can't wait for her next book--I just hope she has a better female character next time.
Sandra Lassiter

No comments:

Post a Comment