I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Fearless ~ 5 Stars

Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved HimFearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him by Eric Blehm
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book will blow your socks off! I was sent this book to read and my 17yr old son who is considering a career in the military, snagged it and started reading it while I was finishing another book. He said it was pretty good but started kind of slow and read like a documentuary, but he wasn't very far into the book yet.
Now for my take...I agree a bit with the documentary and kind of slow beginning. I was surprised that it went so far back into history. But once the story got moving, while there was a lot off technical info and a ton of acronyms, the story of Adams life, determination, never quit and keep on keepin' on attitude in every aspect of his life is inspiring and uplifting! NOTE: I will state that while this is an inspiring book about a Hero who trusted God, this is a graffiti story and the author did not hold back in telling it word for word the way the SEAL's told it to him. So there is plenty of curse words and drinking, etc. As such I would not recommend this book for young children. As for older teens like my 17yr old who are considering a career in the military...a must read in my mind!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great review. Always thinking of you and hope all is well! :O)

    ReplyDelete