I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Journey to Riverbend ~ 4 Stars

Journey to RiverbendJourney to Riverbend by Henry McLaughlin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was the first book I have read by Henry McLaughlin. It was a very interesting book. It was not at all what I would have expected from a male author. I was pretty amazed at how he was able to get into the heart and mind of the female character and what she was thinking and feeling!
He did even a better job of expressing her thoughts from this perspective than a lot of female authors I have read over the years.
While there is violence and unsavory things that are dealt with in this book. Henry does it in a very Christian way that is not offensive but doesn't dance around the subject. I do wish that he had finished up on the story line of the main guy's guilt over his father and let him settle that issue by finding out what had happened after he left, one way or the other. I hate when a very important part of a story line that is mentioned so very many times, never gets an answer by the end and I'm left hanging.
But other than that. I really liked this book and will be keeping my eyes open for more books by Henry McLaughlin!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment