I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Monday, July 9, 2012

Sand Dollar - 4 Stars

Sand Dollar: A Story of Undying LoveSand Dollar: A Story of Undying Love by Sebastian Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is a captivating and mesmerizing read! I received it in the mail this afternoon and read it straight through without stopping!
I will tell you up front that I took off a star because of two main issues; the first and biggest for me was the cursing and yelling at God. I am a Christian and I can't stand when someone (no matter how bad things are) yells, screams and cusses at God. Yes he suffered some consequences (I won't give away the book) but it made me cringe). Also there was sooo very much cussing period and in addition to that the over descriptiveness of the sex was a bit much for me. Now let me finish...I'm not talking about acknowledging and dealing with the facts of abuse and rape, these things need to be dealt with and Sebastian dealt with that part of the issues very well!
Nor am I referring to the psychiatrist (PS: LOVED HOW THAT PART ENDED!!!) Because of these things and the intense issues I would have to rate a movie made from this book as R or NC17.

That being said: THE WRITING STORY EXECUTION, CAPTIVATION, TENDERNESS, LEARNING, GIVING, HOPE & UNDYING LOVE!!! THESE ARE ACHINGLY AND HEARTRENDINGLY WELL WRITTEN! I SOOO VERY MUCH WANT THE REAL STORY TO END AS WELL IF NOT BETTER! I AM WISHING THE VERY BEST FOR THE REAL PEOPLE THIS BOOK IS WRITTEN ABOUT!

June 28th: Found out that I was one of the winners in the drawing for this book! I am very excited and can't wait to start reading it! Thank you for choosing me!
June 30th: First let me start by thanking Sebastian for sending me this beautiful book and autographing it for me! He also sent me a handwritten card, a beautiful bookmark...and the book arrived first class 2 days after I was notified by Goodreads and Sebastian that I had won! Now that is service and a giving heart!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment