I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Monday, July 9, 2012

Time to Grieve ~ 5 Stars

It's My Time to Grieve: A Journey Into Grief and BackIt's My Time to Grieve: A Journey Into Grief and Back by Phoebe Leggett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An amazing, soul baring, honest, horrifying and yet helpful & needed book!
I won this book from a drawing from the Book Club Network and got it in the mail almost a week and a half ago...I tried but couldn't read it. I started it but only got to chapter 2 and put it down... This is not like me at all. When I read, I read.
I thought maybe it was hitting a little too close to home & the idea terrified me! My son is 17, named Mathew and drives with a bit of a lead foot and far too much confidence. And that scares me!
So I felt guilty but I moved it down in my stack of "too read" books...until today. Two days ago my 18yr. old niece was killed in a car accident. She had just had her birthday EXACTLY 2 months before.
The family lives in TN...I am bed ridden and live in Alaska. I will not be able to be there for my family nor they for me.
Reading this book tonight was just what I needed. My life has been a life of loss in many ways.
So, Phoebe, God knew I needed this book and He knew WHEN I needed it! Thank you for picking my name and for being faithful to share your heart in writing this book!
I highly recommend this book to everyone who has lost someone they love! I think this book should be in every home library!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment