I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Friday, August 3, 2012

5 Stars for Home Front!!

Stories of Faith and Courage from the Home Front (Battlefields & Blessings)Stories of Faith and Courage from the Home Front by Jocelyn Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I won this book in a drawing from one of the Authors (Karen Whiting)on The Book Club Network. The Copy I received has the other cover on it but they read the same!
I am in love with this book! In fact I was in love with this book BEFORE my 17yr old son announced his interest in joining the Rangers after he graduates this year!! Now I am soaking it up like a sponge!!
I asked Karen if she wanted me to give a review now of my opinion of what I have read or wait till I have finished. Normally I would devour this book, but it is set up where it can also be used as a daily devotional and with my son talking non stop about the military I put the brakes on and started reading it as a devotional to help prepare my heart and my responses to be the right kind. So I won't finish it till the end of Dec.
But what I have read is an amazing compilation of American History, Bravery of not only our fighting men but the families who carried on with out them!
This book starts with the very first war the USA ever fought and goes through every war and conflict since all the way up to today! It is a true work of heart! I highly recommend it to everyone and I think every family in America should have one on their shelf!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment