I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Full Disclosure ~ 4 Stars

Full DisclosureFull Disclosure by Dee Henderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I got my long awaited ARC! I just finished it. And while there were two things I had trouble with, the pluses far outweighed the minuses for me.
For those of you who read my book blog at http://cabinfeverreading.blogspot.com/ you know that a week or so ago I had my sister Mrs. Sandra Lassiter do a guest blog on this book because she got her book before me and I wanted to get a review out asap. Plus I though it would be nice to have more than one opinion on the book. Because while we usually like the same books, we are often different in the way we look at some of the details of the books. Plus, she is the one who introduced me to Dee Henderson's Books!!
SPOILER ALERT***
There really is no way, that I can figure out, to give this review and my reasons for liking and not liking certain issues other than to talk about them. So here goes...
Unlike my sister I actually like the blending of the former books into this one. Dee is one of the Authors that I ALWAYS hate to reach the end of the book and even more so, the end of the series, because I grow so very attached to the characters. So I loved seeing them all come back into this bock and be interconnected and intertwined.
I LOVE the main male character Paul he is open and honest about what he is thinking and feeling with Ann from the very beginning. It is rare to find this kind of honesty and generosity in a who is willing to give of himself upfront.
I did find it very odd that a man who is such a strong christian doesn't ask up front when he is talking to all of her friends (which by the way is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard of!)if she is a Christian.
But the reason I felt I had to give this a 4 instead of a 5 was Ann. I know she is dealing with some MAJOR Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and is a loner who is afraid of loosing people. But, she is very selfish, demanding and un-giving in her side of the "relationship". He does all the work while she wants to be free to come and go as she pleases.
I have had some pretty traumatic past issues to deal with and handle in my own life and I also need some alone time once in a while, but for her to lay down conditions for their marriage that she get 4hrs of uninterrupted alone time every day, a whole week to her self where he isn't allowed to call or see her and he's not even allowed to discuss the option in the future of adopting kids....he has to be the one to give on everything. She gets all the demands and he has to deal with it or do with out her. That is so very selfish!! It made me go from feeling a kinship with her and feeling pity and sorry for her to feeling angry with her.
I waited till the last page for her to wake up to how wrong she was, instead...she decides it is the perfect life!

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. I laughed at your comments of Ann. Not because I disagree but because I'm 30, single all my life and an only child. My friend and I were joking the other day about being single and selfish and loving every minute of it. I was impressed that Dee took a different route with the heroine of this book. Usually it's the man being "selfish." I admire Dee for taking chances in her writing. And Ann's stubbornness worked as an obstacle for Paul to overcome. It also gave a chance for us to see a character enjoying a deeper intimacy with God than we usually see in Dee's books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouradvocate,
    I can understand where you are coming from! My sister-in-law and my sister are both in the 40 age group and have neither been married. (My sister is getting married in Oct.)I know what you mean about most men being the selfish one, even portrayed in books. But that was my point...in a true marriage there shouldn't be any selfishness. I was 30 and my husband 34 when we married (his first, my second)but the one thing we agreed going in was we knew that having lived so long on our own it was going to be hard for me to let go of my independence and let him be the leader of the Home, BUT because that is the way GOD said it is supposed to be that is the way we would do it. So, he would give me some slack and a gentle reminder while I was learning my role and he wouldn't (and didn't) Lord it over me. We both gave. And because of it we both developed a deeper relationship with God individually and TOGETHER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) Sweet story, Audrey. (Heather)

    ReplyDelete