I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Love Triangle ~ 3 Stars

Love Triangle: Three Sides To The StoryLove Triangle: Three Sides To The Story by Brenda A Barrett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Upfront, I got this as an e-book from Amazon, listed as a Christian fiction. I knew I was taking a risk with an unknown author and the subject matter. I was very surprised considering my history, to find that I found myself drawn to most of this book. It was a very new way of telling a story by having each chapter be told from a different Character's point of view as you work through the story. So you are seeing and hearing all three sides of the "triangle" and what they are thinking and feeling and going through.
This was unique. There were some unnecessary cuss words in it that added NOTHING at all to the story. Not because I don't like cussing, but because there were only 3 or 4 in the whole book and they were tacked on at the end of a sentence like an afterthought. Almost as if the Author had to work at putting them in. They stood out like a sore thumb.
There isn't a lot I can tell you about my opinion of each character's actions without giving away the book. But here is the best I can do. The wife's shock, anger, fear, and insecurities are so well written, trust me, true in every sense of every word! Even the extreme turnaround, as a Christian wife...also a true to life reaction.
Husband, this one is hard for me. I would like to think that a man in that situation FIRST wouldn't, but if he did, would respond in this way. But from what I have seen of the world, usually this is not the case.
Other woman...what can I say? She is the other woman and true to form.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment