I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Whispered ~ 4 Stars

Whispered to the HeartWhispered to the Heart by Terry Barnes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a really good book. The book part kept me up reading till 4am and I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion with only a few pages left! To be perfectly honest I would have liked the book much better without the long "Hans" story breaking in and taking up pages and pages. I know it was the boy (and the Author's way of showing it) of escaping from reality and yet trying to explain and make sense of what was going on around him. Kind of a "Wish I had though to say such and such..." but it just seemed to go on and on and cut in so often that I wanted to skip it and move on to the meat of the book.
This was one of those brain twisters of is this his story? Is it fiction? Is it 1/2 and 1/2? That leaves you feeling like you read a biography but the names were changed to "protect the innocent".
Over all I give this book a hearty thumbs up. It shows the struggle and doubt of a 10 yr old boy who wants to believe in God and wants security in his life.
He thinks he is testing God but he is in his fear and confusion truly seeking God and wants a Father. He doesn't understand what all is going on around him even though he is observant and can sense the undercurrents of things happening with the adults. So he just keeps waiting, searching and praying.
And as He always does...God answers in His time and in His way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment