I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

3 Stars for The Gifted

The Gifted: A NovelThe Gifted: A Novel by Ann H. Gabhart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a good book and I really like Ann's writing. I just felt that it followed so close to the story line of "The Outsider" that I was almost doing a re-read of a re-write. Kind of like watching the movie of the book. That's what it was like. There really weren't any surprises, and all the details of the Shaker lifestyle were almost identical. The same decision to make...
I really wanted to love this book. I was so enthralled with the first one of the series that I couldn't wait to see what she would do with this one! Before I read "The Outsiders" I knew nothing about the Shaker religion and was anxious to learn more about them and what happened to them, etc. But it wasn't to be...
But I am not one to give up! So Ann, I am rooting for you and holding out hope for the next one in the series! Come on, give us some good stuff just like you did in the first one and WOW our socks off!
I won this book on the Book Club Network!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment