I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Monday, October 22, 2012

4 Stars for Captive Trail

Captive TrailCaptive Trail by Susan Page Davis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am so very much enjoying this series!! This is number two in the series and the second one I have read and I love it! It took till the very end for me to connect the two books but I love that the story is a stand alone story even though it connects to the other book.
This was well written, but had a lot of Catholic symbolism and religion in it. It does have faith in God and mention that there is a difference between Protestant and Catholic beliefs but there is no clear presentation of Salvation that I could find, other than the one verse of Amazing Grace. I came away feeling like it was more a Catholic book than anything and that bothered me. It was insinuated that the two main Characters were Protestant but were ok with the Catholics and they were all a great big happy family.
I received this book from M P News Room ~ Moody Press for my review and opinion. The things stated here are my thoughts only.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment