I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Christians Ought to Know ~ 4 Stars

What Every Christian Ought to Know: Solid Grounding for a Growing FaithWhat Every Christian Ought to Know: Solid Grounding for a Growing Faith by Adrian Rogers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is an in depth and yet back to basics look at the Bible principals for Christians. Things that need to be taught to new Christians as discipleship and yet is a wonderful tool for a refresher and strengthener for someone who has been in Church and even the ministry for years!
I found that going back over some of the basics in this book, the way they are laid out, was like a fresh drink of water! It isn't one of those old dry as dust tombs that are so deep and theological that you can't even understand half the words and it puts you to sleep.
Adrian and his son keep your interest and keep things moving right along. I only had one problem with the book and that is that they used different translations. It bothers me when I read a book about the Bible and it's principals and doctrines and the author uses "Other Translations". Especially when they use several. This is my own personal preference and belief. I believe in the King James Version and have a hard time when I read a book about the Bible and it uses several different "Books". There can only be one Bible, One Word from God.
Other than that this is a wonderful book and my husband and I have enjoyed reading it together.
I received this book from B&B Media for my opinion and personal review. The above statements are mine alone.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment