I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mission Possible - 5 Stars

Mission Possible Spiritual CoveringMission Possible Spiritual Covering by Deborah L. McCarragher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was sent to me at my request for me to review. So everything written here is my opinion only.
I was very interested in this book for several personal reasons. The author is spot on. While my story is almost a flipped opposite of hers it still was the same principle. Though my story turned out far different.
I was raised a Preachers Daughter, saved at an early age and prayerfully married a young man who's family loved God and while he had run away at 16, came back and seemed to have made things right.
Our first year was good and then he got tired of "playing" church and his true colors began to show. His Mother, my Mom and I, as well as others started years of prayer and faith. Basically every step in your book! By year twelve he was a violent drunk, who had run away when I was pregnant, leaving me to raise our son alone for three years. At which time he DEMANDED a divorce.
I spent years claiming him for God only to be divorced and while I couldn't understand I just stayed faithful to God and kept trusting and serving Him while turning my now former husband over to God.
Eventually God reunited me with a man I had met my senior yr of high school, who had never married, waiting on the wife God had for him. Long story short...we married 14 yrs ago and my ex signed the papers for him to adopt my son when he was 5!!
Here's the God part. After years of not hearing from my ex, he contacted out of the blue about six months ago and asked permission to call.
When he called, he said he needed to apologize for how he had treated me and that my Christian spirit made him feel like such a heel he kept treating me worse thinking he could break me and make me act unChrist like. The more it didn't work the harder he tried and the worse he felt about himself till he was so ashamed he had to run...would I forgive him? I told him I forgave him years ago.
Why am I telling all of this and what does it have to do with the book?
There is a verse in the Bible that says "as long as he choose to dwell with her". When a lost husband walks away and says "no more" there is nothing we as a wife can do, especially if things have escalated to violence. Second, God's Word and our prayers will not return void. They may not be answered in the way we think or expect, but in His time... God does His work, remember this is the first glimpse of light for my ex with many people loving and praying for him for 26 years! All in Gods Time!
I highly recommend this book for an encouragement to all women with a lost husband! I wish I had had it 26 yrs ago! Deborah McCarragher http://www.Godmissionpossible.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment