I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Friday, November 2, 2012

Prodigal Nights ~ 5 Stars

Prodigal NightsProdigal Nights by Lisa Buffaloe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was a real surprise to me! I was not expecting the depth of character writing and plot that I found in this great book!
I ADORE the theme and the package it is wrapped in! I have been down this road myself. "Is my life so badly messed up that no Godly man would even waste his time looking at me?
This landed me in a 12 yr nightmare marriage with a man who DIDN'T want me!! Which left me in worse shape!! But God always perseveres and He brought me to the right man at the right time and allowed him to begin healing my very badly damaged heart!
I love how this story is wrapped in a mystery (one of my FAVORITE genres!) to fill it out and give it life and volume and character!! Great job of doing both writing a mystery and a Christian encouragement and help book all in one! WOW!!
LOVED IT!! It is a keeper for me for sure! And when I keep a book ti is so I can read and savor it all over again and again.
DISCLAIMER:
I do feel like I need to add a bit of information here. This book is very true to real life. The author pulls no punches in the fact that the two main Characters are VERY sexually attracted to each other. WAIT!!! They both have sinned in the past and are trying to live by God's rules and guidelines and often find it hard when the sparks start to fly.
As a divorcee who remarried a Christian Man I know that every word she wrote is deadly true!! No matter how strong a Christian you are. If you have had any sexual experience before and you meet the RIGHT one that God has for you...sparks are going to fly!!
The two best ways in my opinion, to handle this is 1. NEVER BE ALONE!! It is just too tempting! We were so thankful for my three year old and his sister who lived with my son and I so we couldn't be alone!! AVOID!! 2nd. Hands and lips off till your wedding day! I know it sounds old fashioned but our desires can take over our brains until it is too late if we are not ever vigilant!! So a hands off policy is best so you don't go too far and regret it later.
I think everyone who has been through a breakup or divorce should be required to read this book.
I was sent this book for my personal review and opinion. The statements herein are mine and mine alone and no one accept I am responsible for what it says.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind review, Audrey. I had such a great time writing Prodigal Nights and I'm grateful you enjoyed Bethany and Jason's story.

    Being a Christian isn't always easy, but it sure can be joyful with God's help.

    Have an awesome day in the Lord!!

    Blessings to you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete