I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Road To Mercy - 5 Stars

The Road to MercyThe Road to Mercy by Kathy Harris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I won this book in a contest on The Book Club Network advertising the new release of their Magazine! I didn't know what to expect going into this book but I was wonderfully and pleasantly impressed with this one.
This book basically follows a couple and the people around them. I found it extra interesting because one of my friends is married to a professorial Christian Singer with a group and she also sings plays, sings and teaches. It gave me a lot more insight into the life of weeks and weeks apart in that type of lifestyle. It answered some questions??? about the "Performance" vs the "Ministry" part of Professional Christian Music for me and helped me a lot!
The troubled pregnancy was something I could relate to VERY well as all three of mine were very high risk and I almost lost all three of them and almost died myself getting through the last two pregnancies and getting to where I could have the baby.
And while I did not have the issue of guilt from a past abortion to deal with I have other things sexual abuse and rape when I was young, an abusive first marriage and believing a lot of wrong things about myself because of what others had said and done to me, to deal with.
I love that she used the technical information when it came to medical things. (although she does seem to have a bit of a thing for describing the carpet and flooring of every place everyone goes! :~) ) I still loved it!
I LOVE the hidden story from the beginning that is woven through the book and then revealed at the end!! BRILLIANT!! A true stroke of genius! I am a Kathy Harris Fan, put me on the list!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment