I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Monday, December 24, 2012

Long Trail Home ~ 4 Stars

Long Trail HomeLong Trail Home by Vickie McDonough
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My daughter (12) and I are loving this series! Even though we are reading them all out of order so it is taking some figuring out, but I get them when and where I can.
This book stood strong right along with the others. It has a troubled hero running from God and a confused, beautiful, young woman who bowls him over and helps bring him back to God even though she was the one searching.
I gave this book only 4 stars because I found it too big of a stretch that a girl could fool a whole town AND the man she's falling in love with, into believing that she's blind for so many years. If she wore dark glasses...maybe. But she would look right at things, even his eyes once in a while and with a school full of blind kids he couldn't tell the difference?
Other than that...4 thumbs up!!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I find it adorable that you and your tween are reading the same books together. I've been wanting to read this series for over a year. I have two or three and I'm waiting to get the all so I can read them in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually read (are reading them) out of order! I won one and it was a good stand alone book and I laughed some while reading it. That with the picture had my daughter asking if she could try to read it (I say try because she is dyslexic and yet loves to read and is even writing a book!) I told her to try and see if the style of writing was something she could read and she loved it!
    The next one I found for free on Kindle and downloaded but it was out of order also, odd thing is the books aren't numbered so you have to look it up. Anyway long story short we are one book away and when we get the whole set and she is done reading them. I'm going to tie a big red bow around them and give her the set for her very own as her first series ever read!
    Thank you so much for dropping by and for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete