I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

You Be Sweet ~ 5 Sweet Stars!!!

You Be Sweet: Sharing Your Heart One Down-Home Dessert at a TimeYou Be Sweet: Sharing Your Heart One Down-Home Dessert at a Time by Patsy Caldwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My oh, my!! Like taking a walk back through my Southern childhood! There were recipes in this book that I have hunted for the "real" recipe for years and they just weren't right...but in reading these recipes, little things clicked like hearing my Granny say that "such in such is what made it have that something special" or hearing the ladies at a Church "Dinner on the Ground" discussing recipes and one of them saying "You would never guess that it had VINEGAR in it!".
These are where I got my love for cooking, recipes and collecting cookbooks...At my Mother's, Granny's and Mammaw's side watching and listening to them and my Aunts talking and cooking. I have greatly missed cooking in the last four years of being bed ridden but I still love to sit and read recipe Books and have taught my kids to cook from my recliner and bed!
This book is a MUST HAVE for my collection! I will be on the hunt for this book! These will fast become family favorites in our home! I am so glad I got to read and review it! If you are going to get a dessert recipe book...I highly recommend this one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment