I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Come to the Table ~ 3 Stars

Come to the TableCome to the Table by Neta Jackson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this book from B&B Media as a review book. I was asked to read it, give it a rating if 1 to 5 Stars and write my review.
I have heard and seen bits about the SouldOut Sisters Books but this was the first one I have read. To be honest I often felt like I was playing catch up or that the author was trying to give hints and explanations about small things while leaving more important how's and why's hanging unfinished.
I had several issues with this book. A SEMINARY student, who is shocked when he's expected to preach. He's sharing an apartment with three young women, one whom he's in love but she has NO IDEA, EVEN THOUGH SHE ADORES him also!
Plus they mixed in an soap opera amount of misunderstanding and love triangle and you have a huge mess.
It's supposed to be about family and food but its more of a mixed mess of romance, misguided service to God, confusion and jealousy on who likes and loves whom.
When I read the blurb about the book I thought I would be about the actual food they ate. Maybe even a recipe or two. How the food drew them together, but they all ate different styles and at different times other than a few special pick-nick type situations.

It really felt rather a mess to me. I really don't feel like I can recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment