I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Shattered ~ 4 Stars

Shattered (Alaskan Courage, # 2)Shattered by Dani Pettrey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been unable to get my hands on the first book in this series, "Submerged" as hard as I have tried! So reading the second was playing a bit of a catch up game. Also, to be 100% upfront I went into this book a little biased not expecting to like it at all!
Here's why...My sister read "Submerged" (She won a copy and I didn't) and gave her review on her Goodreads and her new Book Blog "http://SandrasBookNook.blogspot.com" and it wasn't that good of a review.
Here's the thing. If you are going to write about an area (even if it is a pretend town), you should study the weather, terrain and wildlife in the surrounding areas!
I have lived in Alaska for 27 years, my Mother-in-law was born and raised on Kodiak and I have lived there as well as here on the mainland. If the first book is like my Sister described...it's not even close!
So going into "Shattered " I wasn't holding out a lot of hope but still wanted to read it. I am glad I did!! This one takes place in winter and is better researched! There are still some facts that are off but not enough to knock out the good of the book! I am very excited to read #3 and see what is going to happen with Darcy and a certain some one! And will she tie Jake's story into the siblings or will he get his own book? I know already who I want to see him end up with.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Side note: ****SPOILER ALERT****

As a 44 year old Christian Wife and Mother with three children ages 17, 13, 11 1/2 at home I am NOT at all a tattoo person. BUT, as a Woman and a Mom who has miscarried and lost 7 babies to God's arms. When I read about the tattoo in honor of his baby...I wept tears that I had been holding in for years!! Thank you so much for such a beautiful picture of a Father's Lasting Love!!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Audrey. This sounds like a beautifully touching read. Thank you for the wonderful review.
    -Gilded Grace

    ReplyDelete