I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Red - Melody Carlson's Color Series

Torch Red: Color Me Torn (TrueColors, #3)Torch Red: Color Me Torn by Melody Carlson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This series is written to and for teen girls...I am 44 years old and have an 18yr old son and a 13 year old daughter. There is a time and a place for everything. This book was good as an "open your eyes even more, watch closer and be more careful with your kids" book.
But would I let my teen read this?? Not on your life!!! The subject matter is sex, STD's, abortion's, rape, under age drinking.....and the terms and vivid descriptions made me blush!!
I think personally that the information is something as a parent I need to be aware of. But I need to continue to talk to my kids on a one on one basis as they are ready and comfortable doing so. In talking openly from the first and not shutting them down but always willing to answer any question (in an age apropriate way...never "when you are older", if they are asking, then they need an answer even if it is a simple one for their age level. Then they will feel comfortable coming back because they know you will always listen, always tell the truth and always answer their questions.
So while the book was well written I feel it should have been marketed towards parents as a learning and warning tool. Not teens.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment