I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Thursday, July 25, 2013

ANNOUNCING BOOK GIVEAWAY AND GROUP REVIEW!!!

THE REASON BY William Sirls http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SVxqXiaNL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-67,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg This is a new book and Mr. Sirls is offering FOUR of my readers a free copy of his new book "The Reason"!! But it gets better!! I am going to wait until we choose the 4 winners and then we will all five read the book at the same time. Then I am going to not only post MY review here on my blog, but all four of our winners reviews at the same time!! So if you win the book you get to give your feedback to the Author right back here where you won the book from! You can't beat that!! Now I have never seen this done nor tried it before, nor has the Author but we both are excited to see how it turns out! So we are going to make this simple. Leave your comment below to be entered!!! On August 1st we will put all the names (first & last please) in a hat and have a drawing and anounce here, on William Sirls Facebook Page as well as My Facebook Page the names of the four winners!! At which time you will need to send us your mailing address (we will provide an email so your information remains private)and then your book will be sent to you and we will all start reading!! If anyone who doesn't win, wants to get a copy and read with us that would be great!! Then we will announce the date for posting reviews and see what our mini-club turns up with!! So come one, come all!! Leave a comment and your name below! You do not have to be a member of my page to apply but I would love you to join! The more the merrier! ~~~~~From Amazon: Book Description Publication Date: September 4, 2012 When facing the impossible, will you believe? Storm clouds gather over a small Michigan town. As thunder shakes the sky, the lights inside St. Thomas Church flicker . . . and then go out. All is black until a thick bolt of lightning slices the sky, striking the church’s large wooden cross—leaving it ablaze and splintered in two. When the storm ends—the search for answers begins. James Lindy, the church’s blind minister, wonders how his small congregation can repair the cross and keep their faith in the midst of adversity. And he hears the words “only believe.” Macey Lewis, the town’s brilliant young oncologist, is drawn to Alex, a young boy who’s recently been diagnosed with an aggressive leukemia. She puts her hope in modern medicine—yet is challenged to “only believe.” And Alex’s single mom, who has given everything she can to her boy, is pleading with God to know the reason this is happening . . . to save her son. But she only hears silence and wonders how she can possibly “only believe.” The Reason is a milestone debut novel, opening with a thunderbolt and never letting up as it introduces us to everyday characters who are wrestling with the questions: Where is God when bad things happen? And does God ignore the prayers of the faithful? The answer each character receives will astound readers while offering an unforgettable call to hope, to change, to . . . only believe. “This is a skillfully written first novel with the narrative voice, knack for dialogue, and plot movement of a veteran author.” —Publishers Weekly

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea. I would love to win a copy and read it and come back and review it with you and the other winners.
    Debbie Lester

    ReplyDelete