I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Daughters of Alba

Daughters of Alba (Books 1-3)Daughters of Alba by Erin E.M. Hatton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the kind of book you don't come across very often. There were several things that drew me to this story though in a lot of ways it was your typical every thing turns out ok in the end.

There are three sisters who are very close and yet each seems to live in her own world in her own way, mind and personality.

You have the shy, terrified, older sister who just wants to stay home and weave her tapestrey's. She looks at her vibrant sisters and can't even concieve of the idea that someone might find her beautiful and love her!
SO SHE GET REWARDED WITH THE KING FOR A HUSBAND!!!

Then there is the young fiery red head that no one has ever truly controled. So she is spoiled and nags and whines till she gets what she asked for!

And last but not least is the middle dark haired child who is- the most spiritual of the three. The Peace Maker when feaathers are ruffled around her

From there it jumpes them into a very stormy young adulthood as they each come into themselves and figure out who they are as a person.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment