I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Desired

Desired: The Untold Story of Samson and Delilah (Lost Loves of the Bible #1)Desired: The Untold Story of Samson and Delilah by Ginger Garrett
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have been loveing most of the Bible Based Novels where there is so much research going into the time period, area of the world, politics, what a woman's role was in that particular culture and society at that time, ect...
But this one left me somewhat dissapointed on several fronts. First, The story seemed more about Sampson's Mom than about Delilah. Second you are WELL into the book before Delilah even showes up. Third there were some major mistakes when it came to her descriptions of Sampson...
1. When he first comes on the scene he is ENORMOUS!! AND HIDEOUS, Hair touching the ground and a beard to his belly...then he gets closer and she (his first wife to be) sees he has a kind and YOUNG face, around 18 or 20!!!
I have been a school teacher, worked with teens for years, have a brother 18 months older than me, NINE brother-in-laws and an 18 yr old son who's two best friends are close to 25...let me tell you...only in their WILDEST DREAMS could ANY of them have a THICK beard half way down his belly by the time he was 20!!
2. If I have my timing in the book right, After his first marriage was over and he was "chasing or wooing" Delilah, She noticed his hair, and it mentioned it coming to his knees or below his hips, I don't remember the wording but I remember that his hair seemed to have shrank by 2 or 3 feet with no explanation.
In my humble opinion this author bit off a bigger chunk of God's Book than she could ballance and it came off leaving me unsatisfied and feeling unfaithful to God's Word.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment