I love reading, Christian, Biographies, Autobiographies, Cookbooks, Fiction, Historical Fiction, History, Memoir, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Parenting, Marriage, Christian Counseling, Health, Natural and Herbal, Childcare and Teaching, Inspirational as well as Alaskan.

I prefer a printed copy that I can hold in my hands and become old friends with, but will also accept E-books in Kindle, PDF or Nook formats.

I am a Christian and seek to glorify my Lord. As such I will not read any erotic, paranormal, vampire, or such books. I also will stop reading any book that has bad language (Cursing and taking my Lord’s name in vain.), and books with gratuitous sex. This is one reason I have chosen to be associated with the Publishing Companies and the Authors that are on my site because I feel safe recommending them to others.

Audrey Grant

Monday, August 12, 2013

In Golden Splendor

In Golden Splendor (Heirs of Ireland #2)In Golden Splendor by Michael K. Reynolds
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book! Having lived the last 27 years in Alaska, I know the harsh conditions of hiking the mountains in the winter and how what sounds impossible can truly happen!

I also loved that it dealt with the Irish immigration and how it affected so MANY parts of the United Stated. Most immigration books are set in one place, IE: Chicago or New York...this book showed the part they played through out our land.

Sometimes, you read books and things seem too impossible for one person to go through in one life time, but at 44 I have had this kind of life (Not intentionally!)and feel like my life has been a series of unrelated disasters that God keeps using for His Glory! Were I to list all I've been through it would sound like a novel and seem unreal that one person could go through so many things in one life time. But, they can.

Most of all the last paragraph in the letter the Reverend wrote to Seamus spoke to me in such a deep heart touching and changing way..."CELEBRATE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN TAKEN TO SO MANY DARK,DIFFICULT PLACES IN YOUR LIFE....YOU ARE FREE SEAMUS. REJOICE! YOUR LIFE IS NO LONGER ABOUT YOU. IT IS ABOUT THE BLESSINGS YOU HAVE RECCIEVED AND ALL YOU WILL NOW SHARE WITH OTHERS."
That paragraph..I have no words except "Thank You!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment